Admittedly, I do not make much headway with my writing during the first week of NaNoWriMo. This is due to the fact that i travel up north to visit my daughter for her birthday. This year she turned 24, and I went to her birthday party, as well as to a dinner with her boyfriends’ parents. It was an enjoyable stay, as always, that cuts 4 days from my NaNoWriMo experience.
Not that I am complaining. I love taking time out of my daily life to enjoy life, and visit with her and her friends.
When I left for my trip, I had just over 2,000 words written. Yesterday, while waiting for my ride home from work, I wrote 1,289 more, but did not have my laptop type it into my manuscript.
So that means, today, I have to type what I wrote yesterday, plus more words for today.
I expect to get at least 3,ooo words typed for today… at the least.
How are you doing with your word count?
Shannon L. Buck
- Almost Time for NaNoWriMo! (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017