Sadly, I’ve done this far too much. Been in the middle of so many things that I’ve lost track of where I was, or completely forgotten some of the things I was supposed to be doing. Only to look at my multiple lists later on and realize I hadn’t accomplished some of the things I was supposed to do that day.
Not fun, especially when you have to then turn around and finish those things, even though you thought you were done.
Often times I’d start a project, then get off track because another idea would pop into my head that sounds so good I’d have to work on that for a bit. This might happen multiple times a day.
When I multitask, I don’t accomplish much. This craziness is why I’m trying to stop multitasking.
What I’m training myself to do is keep a notebook next to me while I work. When an idea pops into my head – and this will happen multiple times throughout the day – I’m just going to write it on the notepad with a quick note explaining what I want to do, then get back to work.
This way, I’ll be staying on track without losing the ideas. I’ll do the new tasks at another time, and I wont be moving back and forth between projects.
Not multitasking will go hand-in-hand with my theme word for the new year: Organize. (More on this theme word in a later post.) How? I’ll be organizing my time better to make sure I’m working on important projects throughout the year.
What are your goals for the coming year?
Happy New Year!
- Sometimes Things Don’t Work Out As Planned (livethefreelancelife.com)
- What does the New Year Symbolize? (livethefreelancelife.com)
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017