I want to finish up some things. I have a nonfiction book (for this blog) I want to publish in the next couple of months, plus 4 short stories. That is a lot of work, without adding the pressure of needing to write 50,000 words in 30 days.
First I need to get through the editing, and then be sure the graphics are right. I need to continue with marketing/promotional efforts I have begun.
I also need to finish the book I started last year during the challenge, though that will likely take place after the holidays.
Not that I don’t truly love the whole NaNoWriMo experience. I do! I just need to take this year off to get a few other things finished. Maybe I’ll be prepared for another challenge next year, if I accomplish all I want before that time. We shall see.
My question is, how many others are skipping it this year to finish up previous projects? Or have done so in the past? Was it worth it to you, and were you able to finish up what you planned?
I feel like it’s necessary for me to take a break from the challenge this year, and that I’ll be able to accomplish what I have been working on the last few months.
For those joining in on this years’ challenge, these blog posts may be helpful:
I’m sure you will do great with challenge, and will be proud of your accomplishments. I plan to read how things are going with people so, if you care to leave your blog/site URL in the comments, I will check in with people to see how things are going this year.
You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I always write back!
Shannon L. Buck
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017