Whether you have a complete office, or a small area within a room in your home where you work, some personalization of the area will add flair. You do not have to do anything drastic to personalize your work space, but adding a few decorative touches will make the space more interesting.
Here are some ideas to start with:
Place an area rug on the floor of the space.
Add a few framed photographs of loved ones.
Set up a pet bed for your dog.
Add a vase filled with flowers to a stand in front of a sunny window.
Decoupage a pencil holder.
Add a valance to a window that has only a blind.
Place small basket of fruit and other healthy snacks on the desk top.
Hang a collage of nature photos on the wall above the desk.
What ideas can you come up with?
Shannon L. Buck
- eCourse: Organizing Your Work Area: When You Don’t Have An Office (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- What If… (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- What do You Sell? (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- Special Report: A Freelancer’s Helper (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- 10 Simple Ways to Green Your Freelance Business: Reducing, Reusing and Recycling Organizers (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017