What is your prewriting style? Or do you even do prewriting?
My prewriting habits vary:
I sometimes make bulleted lists. Usually when writing articles. This allows me to simply glance at the list when writing the article, providing me with a reminder of each article point.
Quick outlines are used for short stories, and longer ones for the novel I am writing. The longer outlines include breakdowns with parts and chapters included. All outlines are descriptions of what I want to write about.
Mind mapping is another prewriting exercise I have tried. I do not use the circle, but write the main concept in the center of a sheet of paper. I use draw a line from the main concept to each the secondary concepts.
Shannon L. Buck
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017