What is your prewriting style? Or do you even do prewriting?
My prewriting habits vary:
I sometimes make bulleted lists. Usually when writing articles. This allows me to simply glance at the list when writing the article, providing me with a reminder of each article point.
Quick outlines are used for short stories, and longer ones for the novel I am writing. The longer outlines include breakdowns with parts and chapters included. All outlines are descriptions of what I want to write about.
Mind mapping is another prewriting exercise I have tried. I do not use the circle, but write the main concept in the center of a sheet of paper. I use draw a line from the main concept to each the secondary concepts.
Shannon L. Buck
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017