I’m a frugal person most of the time, always looking for deals on items I need in my personal life and my writing life.
My top savings last fall were from three different places. These hardcover composition books were found at Wal-Mart for only .50 each. They will be perfect for planning projects. They didn’t have a regular price list, but I’m guessing they were at least a dollar.
I also found this 3-pack of erasable highlighters at K-Mart for only $1.50. These highlighters are usually $3.29 a pack, so it was a good savings. More than half off.
Then, while visiting my daughter Skye in Fort Kent, we took a shopping trip to Madawaska. In a thrift store, I found these: 4 pens and 5 highlighters. I paid only .10 each, and am still using them. I knew the pens were practically brand new. I guess the highlighters were as well.
I love finding a good deal on something I know I’ll use, and I stock up when I find those deals. This saves me quite a bit of money over time. I have a cubby for all the notebooks and journals I buy, and this tote is where I store all the extra pens and other supplies. Isn’t it lovely? My sister, Sheila, made this tote, and it holds a lot! She and Katie filled it with all manner of things for me. I am blessed.
Are you a deal finder? What deals have you found on supplies for your freelance business? Let us know, or email me at email@example.com. I always answer!
Shannon L. Buck
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or stand? Or both? - April 30, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - April 28, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - April 14, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017