One of my goals for Year 4 is to learn more about marketing and promotion. As a writer, I prefer the act of writing. I do not generally even like to think about M or P. Seriously. The whole thing seems too much like work to me 😉
At any rate, I am learning. I am making the time to learn what I can about marketing and promoting, and I am trying to figure out how much time I will spend on these tasks. One the one hand, I do not want to take away too much time from the actual writing. On the other, I want to make sure my work gets recognized.
So, how am I going about this? I am scheduling time at least twice a month (at this point) for M and P. It has to be done if I expect to be successful. As I learn more about these tasks, I will likely increase these tasks.
Expect to see at least a few blog posts this year about how to market and promote your work and yourself.
Shannon L. Buck
- Welcome to Year 4! (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017