One of my goals for Year 4 is to learn more about marketing and promotion. As a writer, I prefer the act of writing. I do not generally even like to think about M or P. Seriously. The whole thing seems too much like work to me 😉
At any rate, I am learning. I am making the time to learn what I can about marketing and promoting, and I am trying to figure out how much time I will spend on these tasks. One the one hand, I do not want to take away too much time from the actual writing. On the other, I want to make sure my work gets recognized.
So, how am I going about this? I am scheduling time at least twice a month (at this point) for M and P. It has to be done if I expect to be successful. As I learn more about these tasks, I will likely increase these tasks.
Expect to see at least a few blog posts this year about how to market and promote your work and yourself.
Shannon L. Buck
- Welcome to Year 4! (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017