Which social networking sites do you use? Are they used only for business? Are they purely personal?
I use Twitter, FaceBook and MySpace most often. I actually have two Twitter accounts, @ShannonLBuck and @BangorSingleMom. I try to keep both of these professional at all times, but sometimes something personal is added. I do this primarily with @BangorSingleMom, as it seems right. @ShannonLBuck is my professional writing business account, and sees less personal activity. It is mainly used to market myself, promote my writing and share writing information from others.
Over on MySpace, Life as of Now started out as a personal venue, then turned into a profile that helps me to promote articles, eCourses and other things that I write. I still have all of my old friends over there, but most of us spend more time on Facebook. The title still seems to fit, as writing is my life.
On Facebook, I do a lot with personal statuses, notes, etc. It is also used as a professional tool for marketing and promotional means. I share professional information from others there as well believing that, over time, the personal and business aspects even out. They create a balance.
None of the above social networking venues provide me with all of the same fans, followers and whatnot. They each provide blog traffic for my blogs, none more so than the others throughout a weeks period. They are all different, providing me with a few venues for my writing business to be noticed through. I like things this way. I feel that, in order to be successful, you have a add some personal touches to the professional. Clients want to know who you are. Where you are from. What you look like.
Share your thoughts with us.
Shannon L. Buck
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017