Which social networking sites do you use? Are they used only for business? Are they purely personal?
I use Twitter, FaceBook and MySpace most often. I actually have two Twitter accounts, @ShannonLBuck and @BangorSingleMom. I try to keep both of these professional at all times, but sometimes something personal is added. I do this primarily with @BangorSingleMom, as it seems right. @ShannonLBuck is my professional writing business account, and sees less personal activity. It is mainly used to market myself, promote my writing and share writing information from others.
Over on MySpace, Life as of Now started out as a personal venue, then turned into a profile that helps me to promote articles, eCourses and other things that I write. I still have all of my old friends over there, but most of us spend more time on Facebook. The title still seems to fit, as writing is my life.
On Facebook, I do a lot with personal statuses, notes, etc. It is also used as a professional tool for marketing and promotional means. I share professional information from others there as well believing that, over time, the personal and business aspects even out. They create a balance.
None of the above social networking venues provide me with all of the same fans, followers and whatnot. They each provide blog traffic for my blogs, none more so than the others throughout a weeks period. They are all different, providing me with a few venues for my writing business to be noticed through. I like things this way. I feel that, in order to be successful, you have a add some personal touches to the professional. Clients want to know who you are. Where you are from. What you look like.
Share your thoughts with us.
Shannon L. Buck
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017