I’ve accomplished so much this year, from publishing The #CampSeries, to publishing an eBook for this blog called Organize Your Space and Stuff. A lot of hard work went into getting all these published. I’d mentioned that rewards for hard work are a good thing in an earlier article, and wanted to share with you how I’ve rewarded myself for getting things done.
I sometimes take my work to Aroma Joe’s, sitting there for a couple hours once every so often. During the summer months, I sit outside. The winter obviously finds me sitting inside, usually near a window. Last week, I allowed myself four days of vanilla bean tea and oatmeal. So good. And so much was accomplished while there.
I got in a little socialization each day, and stepped out from my daily surroundings for a bit. It is actually a real nice reward for me. Simple, I know. But good. I do other things as well. Last year, I bought myself a new outfit at one point. And cute little shoes at one point.
How do you reward yourself for important accomplishments? With little things or big things? A combination of both? A weekend away? An evening alone with a cherished movie, a drink, and box of chocolates? Do what feels right to you. Just do it. We all deserve good things, and a break after accomplishing something big never hurts. The happiness factor is as important as anything else.
Leave a comment, or email me at email@example.com. I love to hear from you, and always reply.
Shannon L. Buck
- Moving On - January 4, 2018
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017