I’ve accomplished so much this year, from publishing The #CampSeries, to publishing an eBook for this blog called Organize Your Space and Stuff. A lot of hard work went into getting all these published. I’d mentioned that rewards for hard work are a good thing in an earlier article, and wanted to share with you how I’ve rewarded myself for getting things done.
I sometimes take my work to Aroma Joe’s, sitting there for a couple hours once every so often. During the summer months, I sit outside. The winter obviously finds me sitting inside, usually near a window. Last week, I allowed myself four days of vanilla bean tea and oatmeal. So good. And so much was accomplished while there.
I got in a little socialization each day, and stepped out from my daily surroundings for a bit. It is actually a real nice reward for me. Simple, I know. But good. I do other things as well. Last year, I bought myself a new outfit at one point. And cute little shoes at one point.
How do you reward yourself for important accomplishments? With little things or big things? A combination of both? A weekend away? An evening alone with a cherished movie, a drink, and box of chocolates? Do what feels right to you. Just do it. We all deserve good things, and a break after accomplishing something big never hurts. The happiness factor is as important as anything else.
Leave a comment, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I love to hear from you, and always reply.
Shannon L. Buck
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or stand? Or both? - April 30, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - April 28, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - April 14, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017