I was having some difficulties last week. Things just didn’t want to go my way. A program I had been using for years malfunctioned. There was a problem with one of my published eBooks. Even things in my personal life went wrong.
SSDD, as the saying goes.
And then Monday started out the same way. I was a little worried. I didn’t want a repeat of last week. I just didn’t think I could handle two weeks in a row of that stuff. I wanted this new week to go smoothly.
Putting everything out of my mind, I concentrated on tasks needing to be completed. I decided not to even think about the morning hours, or the week before, and got busy getting things done.
You know what? Nothing else went wrong that day, and it has been smooth sailing the last couple of days as well. Thank goodness! I made a little extra money, received a $10.00 coupon from Applebee’s, got a free cup of tea at Aroma Joe’s, and finished everything I’d planned to do.
Even though things have a way of going wrong, they also have a way of going right.
Have you ever had one of those days, or weeks? When you thought all was lost? Tell me about it in the comments, or email me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org. I always respond!
Shannon L. Buck
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017