As per my theme word for 2017, I’ve begun to organize things. I wanted to get the drawers done first because there were things I needed and couldn’t find, and other things I didn’t need to keep.
I cleared everything out and wiped the drawers down with a disinfectant wipe, then began putting everything I wanted to keep back, in a more organized way.
The picture above is the front of the drawer. It’s very neat and tidy now. Yes, I still color. There are boxes of crayons and colored pencils under that box of markers. You might be able to make out the ruler next to the pink 3-hole punch. I need that when I do the drawings for some of my stories. I like to have a visual sometimes when I’m creating place settings. The calculator in its little black case isn’t used often, but I keep it on hand just in case.
The drawer cannot be pulled out all the way, but there is more space back there. Labels, clips, staples, and glue go back there. The two paper cups have been cut down to fit inside the drawer. One holds rubber bands, and the other holds regular paperclips.
The drawer has two sections. This one holds pens and highlighters. I know this looks like a lot, but I let go of half my pens. I didn’t like the way they wrote, or how they felt to hold. If there was something I didn’t like about a type of pen, I let it go. I also gave up all the pencils because the erasers weren’t ones that worked well, and two erasers that didn’t work well either.
I’m going to buy the good number two pencils; the ones with the erasers that do what they are supposed to do.
Okay, not a bad start on the organizing.
What am I going to do with the things I wont be keeping? Well, the first thing I always do when I’m done with something is put it in the common area with a note telling the other renters in the house they can have it if they want. Usually the item has been picked up by someone within a few days. If no one takes it, I donate it.
I had hoped to have more done by now, but I’ve been so sick the last couple of months. I’ll get on the ball now that I’m feeling better.
Want more ideas for organizing your office space? Get out my eBook Organize Your Space and Stuff. It has many, many ideas for organizing that you will find helpful.
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017