Fiction is my first love, as far as writing goes. I have been working on some story plots, and editing a short story, and starting another story. I have been very busy with these activities.
I have also been adding artiles to my Revenue Share channels. I had pretty much stopped this during the summer when I was so busy, but have recently started back up.
Are these earning me any money?
My minimal activity with Revenue Share sites pays for my Netflix service, as well as my Audible service and a few other small things. This winter, when I am writing more RS articles, I will pull in a little extra cash. Not a lot more.
I say that, but it is hard to judge. It could be a little, or quite a bit.
Between you and me, I am hoping for more than just a little extra.
Do I deem RS article writing worthy so far? Eh, it helps me to have a couple of extras in my life. I like books, and I like movies. I wouldn’t have these two services otherwise. So, I am grateful for the opportunities.
And consider this other benefit of RS writing.
Notoriety – of sorts. People know me as a an “expert” on single parenting issues and on living a frugal lifestyle, and as a foodie, a fiction writer, and a freelance writer. These venues lead readers to my own blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc. This is a sort of marketing/promotion tactic, we will say. It works, helping to sell me and my products – hopefully helping me to sell my short story collections later on as far as the fiction writing goes.
The point is to get my name out there.
I am accomplishing this.
This is important.
Every so often, I get on an article writing kick where I write a bunch of articles for all my different RS channels. I schedule them to post over a period of a couple months, then I go back to editing and writing stories.
During that time I try to post a short story for one of my other RS channels, if one is polished enough. These stories are just a sampling of what will be going into the different collections of stories that I am writing.
Shannon L. Buck
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or stand? Or both? - April 30, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - April 28, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - April 14, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017