My last post centered on vacation time necessary to keep our minds clear and focused. Freelancers should also schedule a personal day once every month or two. This day will allow you to focus on other things in your life that need to be done, or may be used as a day of relaxation.
These personal days allow us to give our minds a break as well. They help us to unwind, which we all need to do sometimes. One day to refresh our thoughts. It works. Some of the possible benefits, depending on your career path and environmental situation, include:
Being more relaxed, not only with your friends and family, but for work as well.
Time to get other things done.
Time to relax.
Better focus when you get back to work.
More organized thinking.
Take out your calendar and schedule at least 6 personal days over the course of the next 12 months. Schedule one each month if possible. It is important that freelancers take care of themselves.
Shannon L. Buck
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017