My last post centered on vacation time necessary to keep our minds clear and focused. Freelancers should also schedule a personal day once every month or two. This day will allow you to focus on other things in your life that need to be done, or may be used as a day of relaxation.
These personal days allow us to give our minds a break as well. They help us to unwind, which we all need to do sometimes. One day to refresh our thoughts. It works. Some of the possible benefits, depending on your career path and environmental situation, include:
Being more relaxed, not only with your friends and family, but for work as well.
Time to get other things done.
Time to relax.
Better focus when you get back to work.
More organized thinking.
Take out your calendar and schedule at least 6 personal days over the course of the next 12 months. Schedule one each month if possible. It is important that freelancers take care of themselves.
Shannon L. Buck
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017