It is important not to get so into your work that you do not take breaks throughout the day, week, month, and year. Every person needs at least a few minutes here and there to rejuvenate, mentally and emotionally, physically, personally, and for work.
Doing so will put you in a better, more productive, state of mind.
This will allow for more productivity.
Schedule these breaks, if necessary, to be sure you keep up with them.
Need some ideas for what to do during these breaks? I am here to help. Try some or all of these break-time activities, and come up with some of your own.
- Take a few minutes to do some stretches in the morning, and again in the afternoon.
- Exercise for five minutes every hour or two.
- Take walk during the morning or evening hours.
- Go to the local cafe for lunch or sit out on the front porch with your food and tea, observing what is going in the neighborhood or in nature.
- Put in an exercise DVD after lunch, if you prefer that over short bursts of exercise.
- Meditate each afternoon for at least five minutes.
- Have breakfast or dinner with your family.
- Spend time out in nature with your partner.
- Go to the park for some Frisbee or baseball with family and friends.
- Visit the beach with your children.
- Gab on the phone with the bestest.
- Catch up with your mom.
- Take in a movie at the local theater.
- Go out to eat with your sisters.
- Barbecue for friends and family during good weather.
- Drive to the coast, or to the mountains.
- Rent a cottage on the ocean or on a lake for a long weekend.
- Go on a sightseeing, photography, and shopping weekend with the bestest.
- Visit adult children out-of-state.
- Attend a concert.
- Attend a sporting event.
Share your ideas for taking breaks with us in the comments below, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I always respond to emails.
Take care of yourself.
Shannon L. Buck
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or stand? Or both? - April 30, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - April 28, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - April 14, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017