It is important not to get so into your work that you do not take breaks throughout the day, week, month, and year. Every person needs at least a few minutes here and there to rejuvenate, mentally and emotionally, physically, personally, and for work.
Doing so will put you in a better, more productive, state of mind.
This will allow for more productivity.
Schedule these breaks, if necessary, to be sure you keep up with them.
Need some ideas for what to do during these breaks? I am here to help. Try some or all of these break-time activities, and come up with some of your own.
- Take a few minutes to do some stretches in the morning, and again in the afternoon.
- Exercise for five minutes every hour or two.
- Take walk during the morning or evening hours.
- Go to the local cafe for lunch or sit out on the front porch with your food and tea, observing what is going in the neighborhood or in nature.
- Put in an exercise DVD after lunch, if you prefer that over short bursts of exercise.
- Meditate each afternoon for at least five minutes.
- Have breakfast or dinner with your family.
- Spend time out in nature with your partner.
- Go to the park for some Frisbee or baseball with family and friends.
- Visit the beach with your children.
- Gab on the phone with the bestest.
- Catch up with your mom.
- Take in a movie at the local theater.
- Go out to eat with your sisters.
- Barbecue for friends and family during good weather.
- Drive to the coast, or to the mountains.
- Rent a cottage on the ocean or on a lake for a long weekend.
- Go on a sightseeing, photography, and shopping weekend with the bestest.
- Visit adult children out-of-state.
- Attend a concert.
- Attend a sporting event.
Share your ideas for taking breaks with us in the comments below, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I always respond to emails.
Take care of yourself.
Shannon L. Buck
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017