With fall upon us, we want to enjoy the remainder of the good weather. All too soon winter will be here, and we’ll want to be inside where it is warm. Why not take your work out the porch, or even into the yard at a picnic table now?
I love writing outside, whether I am working on fiction or non fiction. Sitting outside during the autumn months gives me so much drive that I end up being extremely productive. Does it work that way for you?
A table, a chair, and a stand for the other things you must have nearby, is all the furniture necessary. Take your laptop and whatever projects you’re working on out to the porch and see how you like it. Notice the crispness in the air. Smell the autumn scents. Enjoy breakfast and/or lunch out there while working, or take a break to enjoy the scenery while you eat. But most of all, see how much you can accomplish each day.
Be sure to set a timer to sound every couple of hours, to remind yourself to get up and stretch, do a little exercise. A healthy freelancer is a happy freelancer.
Do you work outside during this time of year? Share your experiences with us in the comments, or email me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org. I always reply to comments and emails.
Shannon L. Buck
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017