With fall upon us, we want to enjoy the remainder of the good weather. All too soon winter will be here, and we’ll want to be inside where it is warm. Why not take your work out the porch, or even into the yard at a picnic table now?
I love writing outside, whether I am working on fiction or non fiction. Sitting outside during the autumn months gives me so much drive that I end up being extremely productive. Does it work that way for you?
A table, a chair, and a stand for the other things you must have nearby, is all the furniture necessary. Take your laptop and whatever projects you’re working on out to the porch and see how you like it. Notice the crispness in the air. Smell the autumn scents. Enjoy breakfast and/or lunch out there while working, or take a break to enjoy the scenery while you eat. But most of all, see how much you can accomplish each day.
Be sure to set a timer to sound every couple of hours, to remind yourself to get up and stretch, do a little exercise. A healthy freelancer is a happy freelancer.
Do you work outside during this time of year? Share your experiences with us in the comments, or email me personally at email@example.com. I always reply to comments and emails.
Shannon L. Buck
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017