I’ll be doing what it takes in business, and in life, whether I think I’m capable of doing so or not.
I’ll be having faith in myself and my abilities. I’ll be brave; have inner strength. I will not worry about failure.
I’ll just do the stuff I want to do, pushing forward no matter the outcome.
In the past I have thought “What if I’m not good enough?” “What if people don’t like what I write?” or “What if people don’t like what I do?”
This year I’ve decided I am good enough. I’ll write what I want, despite others saying it is important to stick with one genre. After all, a girl needs to be happy with what she’s doing, or she wont put her best foot forward and further herself in anything. And this girl is going to be happy with her writing choices, at least as far as fiction goes.
I will also keep with the simplification of my home and my writing processes. I started this last year, and will continue with it. I now have less stuff, and I know some of the most important writing processes by heart so they no longer take so long.
Simplification does help! It makes life so much easier and, believe it or not, requires less cleaning – because there is less stuff. This certainly makes me happy. I’d rather be working on writing projects than spending half my time cleaning.
Be creative was my theme phrase for 2015, and I’m still doing that! Besides writing, which is pretty darn creative, I also do a little crafting, some photography, and some scrapbooking and card making. All equally enjoyable activities, as far as I’m concerned. So, yes. I’m still incorporating creativity into my life each year.
Prepare was my word for 2013, and I’ll still be practicing this to keep everything running smoothly. I make plans for the different projects I am working on and, to simplify things, I culminate everything in separate notebooks and journals for each project. Every time I think of something I want to do for one, I write it down in the appropriate journal. Keeping everything together helps me to get things done in a more organized, less time-consuming, manner.
So, what will this be a year of for you? What is singing to your heart right now? What is most important? Share with us in the comments, or email me at email@example.com. I always answer!
Shannon L. Buck
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017