I found myself having difficulty figuring out what my theme word for 2016 should be. I’ve been trying to come up with one for a couple of weeks now, and was getting discouraged.
A few days back I came across a short Find Your Word course at susannahconway.com, and decided to give it a try. I printed each lesson, and spent some time on them, taking it slow – one lesson per day. Finally I narrowed my choices down to five words: Family, change, courage, focus, and travel. But I was still having problems choosing the right one.
Then I read C. Hope Clarks’ Christmas Day newsletter, with the subject line Courage, and I thought a little more about what that word means to me.
In the last lesson of Find Your Word, you are given a picture to color because it is believed your mind will work out what it needs when you are busy doing something else.
As I was coloring my picture (above), I noticed that my mind kept going back to the word Courage. And that is the word I finally decided on. With a big thanks to Susannah Conway and C. Hope Clark.
To me, Courage means:
I’m going to push through on some projects this year, and not worry about the outcome. I’ll enjoy the process of creating and getting them out there for others to read. I will not let me talk myself out of doing these things for fear that others may not think they are good enough – or I’m not good enough. They are. I am.
Have you decided on a theme word or phrase for 2016? What process did you use to come up with your word? Please, share with us in the comments below, or email me personally at email@example.com.
Shannon L. Buck
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017