I am working on the last edit of my first book of short stories, and I am considering splitting the book into serials. Tales from the Mountain has three sections, two of which could be turned into serials with three parts. It would not be difficult to pull off. The stories in the third section could be posted to the blog as free reads for my readers, maybe aiding in the selling of the serials.
I am most likely going to publish the serials first through Amazon. There are some rights I will be giving up at first, but I will gain them back before too long. It will be worth it if what I am planning works. Once I get the rights back, I will be free to sell the serials wherever I want.
I have a lot to think about as far as all this goes.
I am considering doing much the same for this site. Serials that will aid writers with their freelance careers.
What might you do to create a new income stream for your freelance business? Would serials be helpful to your fans?
Shannon L. Buck
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017