It is my goal to begin using some of my own photographs on my blogs, as well as within eBooks and other writings. I am also working on getting some shots for a couple of book covers.
For me, the main thing is to let people know that the photographs are mine and are not available for them to use – without my permission anyway.
This can be done by adding a caption such as: (Image Title) by Shannon L. Buck copyright (year). It can also be accomplished by adding a watermark. This is a light colored logo or writing that is added to the front of the photo.
Granted, watermarks will not be desired on all photographs. Whether one is used is dependent on what the photo is used for.
What are your thoughts on this?
Shannon L. Buck
- eBook: Greening Your Freelance Business (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- What is the Freelance Life? (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or stand? Or both? - April 30, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - April 28, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - April 14, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017