It is my goal to begin using some of my own photographs on my blogs, as well as within eBooks and other writings. I am also working on getting some shots for a couple of book covers.
For me, the main thing is to let people know that the photographs are mine and are not available for them to use – without my permission anyway.
This can be done by adding a caption such as: (Image Title) by Shannon L. Buck copyright (year). It can also be accomplished by adding a watermark. This is a light colored logo or writing that is added to the front of the photo.
Granted, watermarks will not be desired on all photographs. Whether one is used is dependent on what the photo is used for.
What are your thoughts on this?
Shannon L. Buck
- eBook: Greening Your Freelance Business (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- What is the Freelance Life? (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017