With all of the obstacles placed in my way during Year 2, I had serious doubts about making it to Year 3. My sister kept putting me in my place when I was feeling really down, and I am grateful for this. I refused to give up, however. I persevered and am now beginning Year 3 of my freelance business career, staying motivated and working to make each day as productive as possible.
The next few posts will give you a better idea of my goals for Year 3, but here is a basic list of what I want to accomplish for my freelance career over the course of the next year:
- Learn more about marketing.
- Finish the Travel Writing course that I am taking.
- Continue writing articles for Revenue Share sites that I am using, to see what happens after a full year of this. At this point, I am using Y! Contributor Network, Experts123, Demand Media Studios, Triond and Suite 101.
- Continue writing fee-based articles for Demand Media Studios.
- Propose article/column ideas to print and online publications to begin earning more. These will be my first proposals. Nervous!
- Work on my fiction writing.
I will, of course, be working on other business tasks as well. Keep reading this week to see the more specific goals that I have.
What are your freelance business goals at this point in your career?
Shannon L. Buck
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or stand? Or both? - April 30, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - April 28, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - April 14, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017