There are many places a freelancer might choose to work. From home. At the beach. In a cafe. My all time favorite place to set up my laptop, journal or write stories is at the park. Specifically, the Riverfront Park in Old Town, Maine. It is a truly beautiful place.
The park consists of a playground, a water feature, an area for Frisbee or other activities, river access and a gazebo. There is a dam, a rock wall, flowers and even some trees. I walk along the paths for exercise, either before or after working.
There are many benefits to working at this park. Many reasons why I love to be there.
The mind clearing effects of the area allow me to be more productive.
These effects also keep me positive and motivated.
There is a sense of freedom that I crave.
I don’t have to wear shoes 🙂
I get to feel the grass on my feet and between my toes.
It is usually a few degrees cooler there than in other areas of the city.
I can choose to work in the sun, or in the shade.
In the early morning hours, I can observe both the sun and the moon.
During the early morning hours, before the children arrive, there are usually only a few other people in the area. They mostly keep to themselves.
Late at night there may not be anyone else there at all.
One of the best things about being a freelance writer, to me anyway, is the ability to work anywhere I want. As long as I can pick up a strong wireless signal, I am all set.
Where is your favorite place to work as a freelancer? If you don’t have a preferred place, consider looking for one.
Shannon L. Buck
- eBook: Greening Your Freelance Business (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- Yoga Benefits for the Freelance Writer (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- Places to Walk for Fitness and Beauty (thefitnessjournal.wordpress.com)
- 6 Ways Meditation is Good for the Freelancer (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017