Holding down and full-time job and building a freelance writing career is difficult. Add to that sharing housing with another family and it can be near about impossible. No access to the internet. Hardly any privacy and (sometimes) quiet to concentrate on writing. Little time to spend at the library. It all adds up to a lot of… not writing. Of not being able to concentrate. Not being able to do as much as I was doing a couple months ago. Such is life. All is good 🙂
This is my situation at this point in time. I, am looking for an apartment. Hopefully I will find one soon and be able to get back to writing more often. If not, then I will continue to do the best I can. Sometimes life gets in the way…
I refuse to give up. I write when I can, and submit/post things whenever I am able to be somewhere with wireless access. This is currently once or twice a week, most weeks.
I am also updating the Frugal Recipes: Spending Less to Eat Healthy blog, and creating a new one. These activities take time, but I do what I can.
How do you balance a writing career and a job?
- What do You Enjoy? (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- What is Important to You Career Wise? (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- What is the Freelance Life? (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017