Holding down and full-time job and building a freelance writing career is difficult. Add to that sharing housing with another family and it can be near about impossible. No access to the internet. Hardly any privacy and (sometimes) quiet to concentrate on writing. Little time to spend at the library. It all adds up to a lot of… not writing. Of not being able to concentrate. Not being able to do as much as I was doing a couple months ago. Such is life. All is good 🙂
This is my situation at this point in time. I, am looking for an apartment. Hopefully I will find one soon and be able to get back to writing more often. If not, then I will continue to do the best I can. Sometimes life gets in the way…
I refuse to give up. I write when I can, and submit/post things whenever I am able to be somewhere with wireless access. This is currently once or twice a week, most weeks.
I am also updating the Frugal Recipes: Spending Less to Eat Healthy blog, and creating a new one. These activities take time, but I do what I can.
How do you balance a writing career and a job?
- What do You Enjoy? (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- What is Important to You Career Wise? (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- What is the Freelance Life? (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017