Work at The Inn takes a downturn during the winter months, but picks back up in the spring. While work is slow, I would like to get ahead on my writing by writing and scheduling a lot of what I will need to do through next fall.
With my blogs, I am able to write and edit posts, then schedule them to post automatically on any given date. For the Frugal Recipes blog, the Living the Low-Income Life blog and this one, I can schedule holiday articles and whatnot ahead of time, then go through and fill in the lean periods with other informational articles that will be of use.
The Fitness Journal can also be (partially) done, and updated once every week or two with my progress along the journey and the number of steps I have taken to reach my goal. Much the same will be able to be done here, with updates on the progress of the writing business.
I see on my Examiner.com dashboard that I can submit the articles to be posted at a later date as well. I will take advantage of this, but am unsure if I can schedule them to post automatically or I will have to manually do so. Either way, the feature will be helpful.
This will leave me time to work on other articles, as well as special projects, throughout spring, summer and autumn. I will not feel overly stressed, and I may actually be able to get more accomplished because there will not be so much to worry about during those busier months.
This is the plan. Let’s see how it works out 🙂
- Shannon L. Buck, Fiction Author (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017