I am thinking about approaching a few different magazines about writing for them. When I do, it will be the first time I have approached anyone that was not a content mill or other such entity that required an application.
Last night I finished my first ever proposal letter for a certain niche market, and I have four publications that I will be able to send it to. I will submit to one publication at a time. Wish me luck on this!
I am considering other publications as well, in different niches. Honestly, I get bored far too easily if I stick to writing on only one topic. I wonder what experiences other writers had their first time approaching an online or offline magazine like this. I am nervous, but will not let that stand in my way. I did let my nervousness get in the way last year, but cannot expect to succeed in life if I continue with this practice.
Shannon L. Buck
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017