I recently took a mini vacation from my job at The Inn to visit my daughter and her boyfriend for her birthday. It was an enjoyable visit, and I got much accomplished for the writing business.
The bus ride from Bangor to Caribou, then from Caribou to Old Town on the way home, netted me a few hours each way to concentrate on brainstorming for the business. I spent 2 mornings at the University of Maine at Fort Kent writing and note taking while Skye and Jonas worked. Blog posts and articles were written, and plans were made.
I enjoyed being able to accomplish these tasks. Having a clear mind to finish a few small projects and think of a few new ones. Writing is like a vacation for me. I find the act freeing.
- Dear Fitness Journal 11/2/2011 (thefitnessjournal.wordpress.com)
- New Writing Opportunities + an Old One (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017