I use this platform for some of my articles. Generally speaking, I have done only a few articles that are solely Performance Payments. Many of my articles I have placed on their network are published as Upfront Non Exclusive with Performance Payments, which pay you a small fee, which for me is usually just above $2.00 almost immediately – per article. Not a lot. I am now experimenting with Upfront Exclusive payments to see what that pays.
I am doing this as part of my experiment with Revenue Share type sites, but there is an interesting benefit with Y! Contributor Network. Once so many articles are submitted under a certain topic, I will be able to apply for a local featured writer position. This gives me at least 1 $15.00 per month, plus instance access to more writing opportunities under said topic – that will pay more than the usual articles I write for them.
Sounds interesting, so I am going to see how far I can go with this. I am unsure at this point whether I will be able to apply for more than one feature position.
How I Began with This Entity
I was writing for a couple of places that did not pay, as a way to get my foot in the door in the freelance world. My efforts paid off, but I wanted to find a way to earn a little bit of money on these articles, even though I could not actually sell them anywhere. I put these articles on this Network back when it was called Associated Content, for Performance Payments. They earn a rather small amount each year, but it all adds up over time.
How I Started to Build on This
I started submitting articles that were not accepted at Demand Media Studios. There weren’t a lot, but a few of them add up. I put these under Upfront Non Exclusive with Performance Payments, after minimal editing and changing the titles, and earned a couple of dollars for each right off.
I then added a few other articles that I wrote just to see how they would do. I am now expanding on my efforts with them. I find it fun to work with their platform. It is one of my favorite places for my Revenue Share writing experiment 🙂
And, What About the Future?
After the experimentation with Upfront Exclusive payments, I will be adding fiction to my efforts with them. Purely for Performance Payments, though, as I need to be able to use these in upcoming books of short stories.
I would also like to experiment with their slideshow, audio and video features.
If you would like to check the site out for yourself:
Shannon L. Buck
- Welcome to Year 3! (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- Fiction Goals for Year 3 (howtolivethefreelancelife.wordpress.com)
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017
- Spring Desk Decor - June 11, 2017
- How to Write a Blog Post in an Hour or Less - May 7, 2017
- Sit or Stand? Or Both? - April 30, 2017
- Brainstorming Sessions with the Bestest - April 25, 2017
- 10 Examples of What to do Next - April 23, 2017
- How Many Times Have You Put off Writing That Book? - April 21, 2017
- How Downtime can Help You to Succeed - April 18, 2017
- Here’s What Happens When You Stay Focused - April 16, 2017
- 5 Minutes to a Better Morning: Planning & Setting Up the Night Before - April 9, 2017