Yule is celebrated on December 21st this year. It is the first day of winter. The winter solstice. Yule is a day for family, friends, and feasting. It is about the rebirth of the Oak King. And, to a lesser extent, there may be gifts given at this time.
A freelance writer might choose to write on a variety of topics for this sabbat.
- A food writer might showcase the creation of a Yule log, perhaps including a video in the article.
- Craft writers will do well to feature a pentagram or pentacle tree topper, dream pillows filled with lavender, or protection wreath ornaments for the tree.
- Some freelancers, who take a more academic approach, will enjoy learning and writing about the rebirth of the Oak King.
- Traditions of the season are another great topic for freelancers to touch upon in their writing.
Anyone wanting to write a little fiction at this time of the year might try:
- A romance novella about a couple who meet on Yule, marrying the next Yule.
- A short story about a small community of hunters/gatherers, and how they survive a particularly bad autumn and winter by remembering what Yule is really about.
Enjoy your writing adventures!
Shannon L. Buck
- Favorite Writing Tools - October 9, 2017
- We All Make Mistakes - September 11, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Harvest Salad - September 1, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Shrimp Scampi Salad - August 14, 2017
- Let Your Teen Help As You Build a Home Business: While Learning Valuable Skills for the Future (eBook) - July 26, 2017
- Careers for Freelancers (eBook) - July 12, 2017
- Healthy Freelancer’s Recipe: Berry Parfaits - July 1, 2017
- Green Your Freelance Business (eBook) - June 28, 2017
- Freelance Ponderings & Advice: Writing Outside - June 20, 2017
- Organize Your Space and Stuff (eBook) - June 14, 2017